Integration and application platform
SAP NetWeaver is an open integration and application platform – the only comprehensive solution of this kind offered by ERP system manufacturers. This platform allows you to easily connect SAP systems with all major IT products and technologies available on the market.
Major SAP NetWeaver components:
- SAP NetWeaver Portal (also SAP Portal; formerly SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP EP): a common, consistent portal platform that integrates information from various systems and aggregates applications made available to users based on a flexible system of roles.
- SAP Process Integration (SAP PI; formerly SAP Exchange Infrastructure, SAP XI): a flexible integration platform that offers a system for exchanging information between the processes that process it, and those which run within applications. A basis for creating adapters that enable communication between different systems.
- SAP Business Intelligence (SAP BI): aggregates information, supporting the reporting process starting from collection and analysis and ending with the distribution of data within an organisation.
- SAP Mobile Infrastructure (SAP MI): a complete infrastructure that allows you to share and develop applications for mobile devices (notebooks, PDAs, mobile phones, etc.) offering technological independence.
- SAP Master Data Management (SAP MDM): enables the unification of information scattered across multiple systems and applications. It allows you to create and handle huge data warehouses, which are a basic and coherent source of data for organisations.
- SAP Web Application Server (SAP WAS): a Java/ABAP application server, which is a basis for all components of the SAP NetWeaver platform.
- SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio: a central development environment for the SAP NetWeaver application based on Eclipse open technology.
- SAP Visual Composer: a tool based on Web technology and designed for modelling business applications in SAP.