All for One MatFlow
Easier material master data management in SAP ERP
All for One MatFlow is a ready-to-use solution that supports the creation of material master data in the SAP ERP system. The term master data means both material master records as well as other material-related master data, such as bill of materials, routings, production versions, purchasing/sales conditions etc.
The solution was developed based on SAP Business Workflow technology. All for One MatFlow contains a set of predefined workflow templates for discrete/process industries but also may serve as a starting point for the design and implementation of customer-specific end-to-end workflow templates that support the creation of any type of material master data.
All for One MatFlow is a solution for companies that want to significantly improve the quality of their material master data (and other material-related master data) as well as streamline the whole process of creating/changing/deleting the master data within the SAP system (ERP, S/4HANA), without the need for a lengthy and costly IT project. The tool automates work with the master data which ensures that all the required process’ steps will be executed at the right time, in the right order and by the right people.
New opportunities for companies through the implementation of All for One MatFlow:
- The possibility to separate the process of requesting and creating/changing the material master data from the work performed directly on the material master file. The material master that is saved in the SAP database is a result of work performed on the material master requisition, which ensures that only correct and validated data is saved as a real material master record. The material master requisition is handed over between participants of the process using SAP Business Workflow. From this perspective, the All for One MatFlow solution is an ideal tool to support the operation of Shared Services Centers (or other separate organizational units) that are responsible for material master record management.
- The possibility to record new material master data requirements collectively in the form of material requisitions within material master data projects. For example: the launch of a new brand.
All for One MatFlow includes a set of ready-to-use workflow templates that support various processes related to material master data management, including:
- Requesting the creation/change/deletion of material master data through dedicated custom system document “material requisition”
- Processing and accepting material requisitions via SAP Business Workflow
- Keeping full track of material master data creation projects through dedicated custom system document “Master Data Project Card”
- Preparing master data related to a product/semi-finished product for repetitive manufacturing*
- Preparing master data related to a product/semi-finished product for process manufacturing*
- Preparing purchasing master data, such as purchasing info records, contracts related to the externally procured materials*
- Automatic e-mail notifications based on distribution lists
- Automatic extension of material master records to several storage locations
* in these cases it may be necessary to remodel the workflow templates
Depending on the adopted project approach and the scope of the master data used, customers can use the solution available in the BCC MatFlow standard or adjust the solution to their needs.
The All for One MatFlow solution was developed for SAP ECC 6.0.
See the recording from our webinar